Thursday, June 25, 2009

Remembering Michael Jackson

As I stated on facebook.com/sajman21, I can vividly see the cover of the Jackson 5's Greatest Hits album, which was the first album I owned in my life.

I remember listening to that album over and over again. My favorite songs were ABC, and I'll be There! Those two songs, being my favorite at the time, have helped shape my life, even today. I know everything is not as easy as ABC, 123, and I realize that I am not always there when needed, however, I do make an honest effort to live my life in these ways.

After hearing the news this afternoon, while exiting Sam's Club in Sacramento, my arms were filled with goose bumps, and I was chilled, despite the 90 degree summer day. As I was putting the items in my car, it was really a weird feeling, the goose bumps just wouldn't go away.

This is indeed a sad day. I am sure I will remember where I was when I heard the news, similar to when Elvis died while I was at my grandparents house in St. Louis on vacation preparing to head for Florida, and when the 9/11 attacks occured, while I was at morning mass at St. Joseph's Church in Vacaville, CA.

Michael, Rest In Peace. May your music and legacy live on forever!

No comments: