Saturday, June 06, 2009

65th Anniversary of the Invasion of Normandy




Sixty-five years ago on June 6, 1944, our brave brothers landed on the shores of France and began the end of tyranny in Europe and the world.

I don't believe in fighting and war for the sake of fighting, however, it brings me a lot of patriotic pride to know that our country has fought for liberty and freedom throughout our brief history.

My nearly seven-year old son will be traveling to Hawaii in a few weeks with his mom. I have been talking to him about the sacrifice that people in America have made so he could live the way we live. I really hope he is moved, even at his tender age, when he steps foot on the Pearl Harbor Arizona Memorial. I wish I was going to be there with him. My love and prayers will be with him and those who fought and gave their lives for us...Let us never forget what those before us have done.

It was good to look back at President Ronald Reagan's speech on the 40th anniversary of D-Day. Some feel that this speech is one of the best speeches given EVER by an United States president.

Thank you to all of those who still understand and fight for truth, whether in uniform or out!

No comments: