Tuesday, June 09, 2009

My Hands are Holding You



This is the week, eight years ago, that my spirit was awakened, and I came back to full communion with the Church. I was never too far away, however, my spiritual life had become something that I did and had on "my" terms. This week, eight years ago, as it is this week, was the week leading up to the Solemnity of Corpus Christi, or the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body & Blood of Christ. I didn't realize, of course, that it was during the week of Corpus Christi, until Sunday. During that week I went to confession for the first time in 20 years, and when I attended the first Mass after that confession on the Solemnity of Corpus Christi at Our Lady of Grace in West Sacramento, the Holy Spirit was alive and well in my heart and soul that day. Thanks be to God, it is still alive, and I pray it always will be.

Four years ago, I was blessed to be in St. Louis on Vacation on Corpus Christi Sunday. It was another awesome experience to attend Mass that Holy day at the New Basilica of St. Louis. I look forward to coverage this week on the ordination of the new Arch Bishop of my home town - St. Louis!

May this week bring many blessings to my friends and family who I pray for always!

No comments: