Wednesday, May 13, 2009

APA changes their information about existence of a "Gay Gene"

Just one day after I expressed my thoughts on same sex, opposite sex, multi sex, non-sex, personal sex, World Net Daily announced that the American Psychological Association changed it's brochure titled: Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality, to say their is no consensus among scientists that a "gay gene" exists.

The section of the brochure is below. Not only is there no consensus among scientists that a "gay gene" causes homosexual attraction, there is also no consensus that many, many others factors heavily studied are factors in determining sexual orientation. Again, sexual orientation of any type, as I wrote about yesterday. So what causes this? I reaffirm my thoughts that there is not a "cause". If sexual orientation is not caused by genetics, hormones, social or cultural influences, and it is not a mental disease, which the APA strongly states, and I also believe, then what is it! The APA says many feel "little or no sense of choice". I understand how and why they say that, because I certainly have not sensed choice in my sexual orientation. I do, know, however, that I most certainly and vividly remember making choices when it came to sexual matters in my life.

As I explained to a good friend, today, there is no room in this world for discrimination towards any human based on the sexual orientation or preference they feel or choose. I am not saying that if they choose to live a lifestyle other than what was designed and implemented by God, that it is OK. The person is still a person, the actions are what are contrary to the Natural Law. Common Sense, if there is nothing else in the world, shows us that Male and Females were created throughout the animal world for a reason....I think most people gay, straight, multi, non, personal sexuals know in their heart what that is.


American Psychological Association

Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality

"What causes a person to have a particular sexual orientation?"

"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."

No comments: