Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Day Without Immigrants: What's the Real Solution

A Day Without Immigrants


I believe it is true that everyone living in the United States of America with the exception of our Native American brothers and sisters, are immigrants from some time in history. America was built on immigration. I come from a hodge-podge of immigrants from Native American Indian, Scotch, Irish, English and German. Every day, immigrants from all nationalities are arrested for committing crimes. The serious offenders are removed from our society to protect the rest of the immigrants to this great land from harm. A strike such as this one mentioned in this story, hurts and does not help our fellow brothers and sisters. I, for one, really do my best not to do things that hurt another. Perhaps everyone in this nation on this day of strike, should keep their front door unlocked, and invite anyone who needs to or wants to, enter our homes. Now that would really make a statement that we all truly want to help our brothers and sisters. And why just do this for one day. Keep your door open and unlocked every day and every night. Businesses should also leave their doors open and unlocked. We all can be trusted, right? Can you trust everyone? Will you keep your door open and unlocked for everyone and anyone?

I have had many friends that have had to struggle, and have actually lost their job and livelihood because of corporate policy in the past. What wrong did they ever commit? Nothing seriously criminal to my knowledge. My dearest friend has worked tirelessly to help several immigrants and their families work towards their citizenship. I have always and continue to support those who are here to improve their lives, and get a piece of the "American Dream". It's very, very hard for me, though, to take my advice in my post to leave the door open and unlocked to my house to those that need or want what I may have in there. If I could, and if many, many could do that, perhaps we could truly help. I do believe that after we are afforded our right to defend ourselves of our accused crimes, and are indeed found guilty of a serious crime, that we should be subject to the justice that we is due, no matter what our ancestry is. I feel that is a right of being a human person.

 If even one innocent person has been mistreated, abused, harassed or discriminated against during the recently reported I.N.S. arrests of the targeted group of serious criminals, I am heartbroken. I am sure that may be the case, as innocent people are wrongly accused of things every day. NY Times reports that 600 people with serious crimes and that are not properly authorized to be in the U.S. were arrested last week. The Pew Research Center reports there were 11.1 million people living in the U.S. without proper authorization in 2014. About 54 ten thousandth of one percent of those 11.1 million were arrested last week. I am not sure if that is a fair number of arrests or not. Is that a true representation of the number of serious criminals? I don't know.

No comments: