Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing with Lyrics Chris Rice





Christopher is learning this song in 8th Grade Band for an upcoming concert.  He shared this video and lyrics with me this morning as we were getting ready for school & work.  I love it so much.  It really ties in to the "All About My Catholic Faith" series I have been podcasting about the last couple weeks.  It really talks about the power of God, the Grace of the Holy Spirit, and the redeeming Blood of our Lord, Jesus Christ!  There is one line that Christopher asked me about.  "Here I raise my Ebenezer".  This comes from the Bible.  In Samuel 7:12, Samuel raises a stone as a memorial of God's help to the Israelite's victory over the pagan Philistines.  As he raised the stone, which became a memorial, he called the stone "Ebenezer" which means "Stone of Help".  When Israelites looked at this stone, they were reminded of God's help to them during their time of need.




No comments: